How to Change Eye Color in Photoshop – Retouching Tutorial
The tutorial about how to change eye color in Photoshop is helpful for all those people out there who really love to experiment with their own photographs. Often we want to match the color of our eyes with the attire we are using. However, investing into contact lenses can be a really costly affair.
Step by step tutorial to guide you to learn how by tweaking some small settings in Photoshop you can change the color tone of the eyes.
The real world practical applications of such color changes are limited. However, it is a hell lot of a fun to use different colors in different photographs. In some cases like model photo shoots and celebrity portfolio shots such eye color enhancement can help boost up the looks of an entire photograph.
- Let us first use a dark looking eye and try converting it into a blue tone. The first step to this process is to make sure that the selection of the area is made perfectly. For this you have to first take a new layer on the original photograph in Photoshop. For viewing how the selection is coming along we can make use of the curve tool settings from the adjustment layer. Brighten up the curve layer to a high level.
- Using the elliptical marquee tool make a selection of the entire region of the eye ball. Making the selection in a perfect manner is a difficult task. While creating a selection if you make a mistake you can press the space-bar of your keyboard. By doing this you can move the selection while creating the selection with the marquee tool. Hence you can rectify it real time.
- Selecting the layer mask layer, select “I” which means invert. This created a layer mask on the eye ball. This selection now can be moved as well as edited.
- A very important tip while changing eye color in Photoshop is to make sure not to make all the changes in a single layer. Change eye color requires a lot of work. Different layers can help add a lot of details to the work. However you can group all these layers under one single group. Do not forget to copy the curve layer to this group layer.
- From the hue saturation setting, change the hue settings to change the color of the eye ball to whatever you desire. This will affect to the only layer mask selected. Do take care of the saturation level for maintaining a very natural look of the eye.
Since selection is the most important aspect it is important do as many steps required for making the selection perfect. Try looking at a lot of photographs before learning how to change eye color in Photoshop. This will give you a lot of insight about how these eyes look like. Taking care of the color values, light and shadow will help you achieve a great photograph.
How to Change Eye Color in Photoshop